Gemini is the trickster. He’s so clever that he can even fool himself. It’s easy to see the metaphors for self delusion in our business, political, and religious practices. A quick look at the internet presents obvious symptoms that reveal the dark side of Gemini . It’s easy to see why the human race has become a race against bad shit happening.
If content is King, consider this paradox. Cyberspace creates value out of thin air.
E-business produces e-contamination, which results from collecting, cultivating, and not properly disposing of e-garbage. We can close landfills, but what do we do with cyber-fills and digital-spills? How can we recycle, reuse, and recreate cyber-toxins and hazardous dot-coms? Let’s look at the dark side of Gemini’s cyber-behavior.
- Superficiality: creating and implementing products without a healthy vision, foresight, well thought out marketing plans, or adequate financial framework
- Deceitfulness: having no purpose – the IPO is the product
- Dilettante: technology for the sake of technology
- Commercialism: inability to integrate content and advertising
- Detachment: banner syndrome: creating consumer numbness to advertising
- Too Clever: sex, money, and pop-ups – too many sugar coated widgets
- Sneakiness: invasion of privacy / cookies / spam / viruses
- Fickleness: user characterized into a statistic for some mailing list
- Anything is better than nothing: boring graphics – not enough bandwidth
- Babbling: too much hype
When the planet Uranus transited the sign of Gemini from 1942 to 1949, emphasis in this country shifted to education. The U.S. Supreme Court abolished religion in public schools. The GI Bill enabled thousands of people to go to college. Occupations in communications fields like radio and television became more prevalent. In 1946, the first computer calculation began at the University of Pennsylvania. It was called ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer). Columbia Records introduced the 33 1/3 rpm “long playing record”. The Atomic Energy Commission was created. The United Nations held its first session in London. The United States joined NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization). People born between 1942 and1949 with Uranus in Gemini have nervous and restless temperaments. Still children of the 60’s, their minds quickly grasp new concepts and ideas.
What will happen when Uranus returns to Gemini in 2025? Many children of the sixties will no longer be around. Will the NSA finally get to plant that chip in our brain at birth? Will humanity find priceless treasure in plain sight at the ends of its arms and take matters into it’s own hands? I hope so. What do your hands say about you?